04 January 2006

What a blogging waste of time

Why write a blog? Waste of freaking time really.

Why is anyone interested in what I think? Why wouldn't you simply write a diary? My aim is to get a newspaper column (or whatever the furture cyber equivalent is) and I'm blogging to get in practise and have something to show people.

Some people send me blogs and they are ... tedious. Who cares what Janelle thought or why Chris wanted another sort of mueseli?

What is really interesting is that the sort of people to blog, based on my very limited survey, are not the sort of people who keep diaries. (by people I mean those over 20) They're more the reality TV participants than the watchers. Meanwhile those people I have talked to who keep diaries, aren't blogging, and if they are, they're doing it very privately and not showing it to anyone.

Conclusion?
There are two types of people (those who divide things into two groups and those who don't)... their are extroverts who think what we say is profound and people should take notice, and intorverts who record things for their own development.

Will having extroverts writing about history affect the way we look at it?

No comments: