20 January 2006

There's nothing like a good dose of food poisoning

Warning.

If you go to Timaru there's a small indian restaurant takeaway near the Pak'n'save. Don't eat there. Just don't. You don't want to hear why, let's just say I will be contacting the Timaru District Council.

Today watched some TV where some Brits twittered on about improving their houses and makeovers. While I watched the despair egged away and I had this flash of what life is really about. Well isn't, but maybe this might lead to some truth about what the answers to life, the universe and everything are.
While Glenys talked to Denise about how a 'beige' carpet was really her (and believe me, it was) I wondered about people who collect teaspoons. We struggle to make meaning from these things, if I just collect the right thing, or my house is ever complete and just right, or if I get a play turned into a TV show and then I can become famous - then and only then will I have transcended how I feel and become right. It used to be when I fell in love and found 'her'. Now I have fallen in love with 'her' and married 'her' and although it makes life better it still leaves us where we were. Which is, if you get food poisoining,- go to bed and don't wake up till it's gone. It makes you very depressed and think about things. And really beige carpet may indeed be the answer to it all, but I was too sick to appreciate it.

No comments: