01 January 2006

New Years Resolutions 2006

This year:
  • I'm going to remember 90 minute movies on free to air TV last for 3 hours, and will get them from the video shop instead. Ninety minutes of my life is worth at least $10.
  • My backyard will be less like an obstacle course.
  • When I see something I really like under a hundred dollars I'm just going to buy it. The obsession and stress about whether I should have bought it and leaving it till someone else gets it, just isn't worth it.
  • I won't be surprised when TVNZ fails to programme good shows (like 'Extras' made by 'the Office' team) and I'll remember TVNZ staff are really in the pay of Sky hired to ruin free to air TV.
  • On the subject of TV, I'll remember reality TV isn't.
  • I'll give everyone a voucher for Christmas and buy their presents half price in the boxing day sale.
  • I won't say 'there's nothing worse than....' I always say it about very trivial things and there are many things much much worse. EG there's nothing worse than eating a cold meat pie.... (there is; for example dying of beriberi, children's musical toys or eating a hot meat pie).
  • When asked how I am, I won't reply 'can't complain'. I can, and do complain. Frequently.
  • I'm going to find out whether bling is an adjective or a noun. And where it came from.
  • I'm going to write an entry in a blog a minimum of two times a week, well, try to.

No comments: