24 February 2008

Forgotten pass-words

The reason for the long gap since my last post is that I couldn't remember my password, or new email address that blogger insisted I create.


Finally I had an hour to piece the answers together.
I have passwords for my 4 email accounts, my blogger account, several online retailers (8 actually), passwords for a range of subscriptions, two internet bank accounts, my ATM pin, my cell phone, my home phone, my bike padlock, my work emails and server, my frequent flyer account and internet travel booking, some newsgroups and my insurances.

And they're all different. No really they are.

The thing that will bring down civilisation won't be moral degeneracy (although Lohan, Hilton and Spears do suggest it's a risk) or disease, or even global warming - no, one day too many people will forget their various e-pins on the same day and the financial and supply systems that keep us alive will collapse, and after three tries no-one will be allowed in again. The human population will live in caves (a victory for the Green Party!) or starve to death at the gates and the computers will just keep running without us.

No comments: